Thursday, June 12, 2008

Swollen potatoes


As you can see from this picture (taken on a recent trip to Indianapolis to see the Wendlings -- more on that soon), I'm getting to the large stage of pregnancy. At 33 weeks, I can really no longer see my feet due to that giant tummy in the way.

So when I do get to see my feet, I'm a little surprised by them. For those of you who don't know, my feet are already a bit of a family joke, and one of the things that comes with late-stage pregnancy is poor circulation. Which leads to puffy feet.

The other day, I caught a glimpse of my ankles (can you really call them that if they're too puffy to distinguish?) in the mirror and made a quick dash to the couch to restore some circulation down there. "My feet look like swollen potatoes!" I said to Colin.

"No," he said back. "Just regular potatoes."

(By the way, I should add that he was trying to be funny, and I laughed.)

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Wow, you look wonderful, and let me be the first to tell you (in these comments anyway) that your ankles will return in all their glory! And they will reappear much more quickly than it took them to blend into the surrounding flesh!